Saturday, April 2, 2011

Trying to stay in the light...

I have to admit, I haven’t been on the blog for a few weeks.  Life has been so busy and I’ve felt that I have been very distant from the Lord.  I’m having difficulties talking to Him and that is such a frustrating and discomforting feeling.  He has given me this amazing life and how do I thank him?  I don’t... I can’t even talk to him.  I feel like every time I have a moment of silence, my mind goes blank.  I have been trying to pray or just have a good ol’ conversation with the Father and it’s as if “something” is in the way.   I have been feeling so tired and warn out lately.  It’s funny how little things in your life play such a big part.  Work has been stressing me out.  There is SO much gossip and negative feelings going around that by the time I get home after work, all I want to do is rest.  The toxic environment starts to eat at you to the point where you become an empty vessel.  There is no one that loves the Lord at work so it makes it really hard to stay in the light.  I’m sure you ladies have been in that position before.   That amazing feeling of the Lord can be stripped away from you so fast, if you let it. 
I emailed J yesterday and asked for a prayer request, and you know what?  I prayed last night and was able to thank the Lord for what he has given me!  I can’t stress enough the power of prayer, ladies. 
Can everyone please pray for me today and throughout the weekend?  Pray that I will not stray away from the light but embrace it and feel that amazing Love again.  He is way too good to us and I want to praise him for that, not ignore it. 
Thanks, ladies.
- Chelsey H

3 comments:

  1. What a great post! I cannot wait to get into the Word tonight as I feel distant from the Lord as well. Hope you had a great weekend Chelsey, my prayers will be directed at you tonight. xoxo -Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally know what you are going through babes! I have also been super distant from god lately. The stress of school and having little money and no free time really knocks a person down after awhile. Its almost as if you move further away and resist his love during these times. I will pray for you tonight to find that connection again and for you to have strength in toxic environments such as your workplace(something I can also relate to and know how it takes a toll on ones sanity). Love you so much girl! Be strong!
    Love Tiff

    ReplyDelete